1. Unlocking the endocannabinoid system with maca and cannabis
This workshop/webinar is about understanding the role of the endocannabinoid system in balancing our brain and body during times of chronic stress and inflammation. Stress, trauma, poor diet and lifestyle all play a big role in upsetting the sensitive balance of our brain chemistry and can cause anxiety, depression, fatigue and other symptoms that can lead to long-term chronic illness. During this workshop we will take you through the complexities of how stress impacts on the balance in our body and brain and how our natural health systems try to respond to stressors to maintain balance.
We will also be talking about the role of the endocannabinoid system in regulating and balancing our brain and body. How to activate our endocannabinoid system and the different ways we can treat chronic conditions like anxiety, depression, chronic fatigue, auto-immunity and others using Peruvian Maca and other plants. Book your spot to learn more…
- The gut-brain relationship and chronic inflammation
- The role of stress in chronic health conditions, fatigue, auto-immunity, hormonal balance, mental health and other inflammatory conditions
- The endocannabinoid system (ECS)
- The role of the ECS in regulating HPA function and bringing balance back to the body
- Peruvian maca and linking science to ancient traditions
- How maca works, FAAH inhibitors, the differences in the colours and therapeutic uses
- Finding the right treatment approach and option for you
- The HPA axis and stress response systems
- HPA dysregulation and it’s impact on the body
- Anadamide (AEA) and human cannabinoids
- Cannabis and plant cannabinoids – how they work, differences, functions and health benefits
- Making medicine from maca and the formation of macamides
- Maca and cannabis, pros and cons and combining them in treatment
- Case studies and success stories
2. Tackling chronic fatigue & autoimmunity with integrative health
This workshop/webinar is about the latest research behind this complex health condition and what you can do to prevent, manage and overcome fatigue. Learn about the role of food and lifestyle in the development of CFS, the gut to brain relationship, the inflammatory cascade, dysfunction of energy production, autoimmunity, how stress impacts the brain and how to create your own health journey to achieve your health potential.
- A journey through chronic fatigue – From when your health tower collapses to diagnosis. The Western health approach to CFS.
- The inflammatory cascade – An in-depth analysis of inflammation, it’s origins, its mechanisms and how it affects the body during chronic fatigue and other auto-immune conditions.
- The latest studies and research – new avenues. What we now know about CFS and autoimmune conditions that we didn’t 5 years ago. A summary of exciting new studies and what they mean.
- A new model for what CFS and autoimmunity look like – From the recent research we paint a new picture of what chronic fatigue looks like and explain why symptoms are so varied, non-localised and individualised.
- How to create a holistic and integrative health recovery pyramid – Knowing what we now know we outline the key aspects that every recovery plan should involve and share case evidence for successes for each aspect.
- Integrating the physical with the emotional and subconscious – Understanding the role of subconscious behaviour and imprinting ‘healthy’ back to the autonomic nervous system.
Presented by Dr Corin Storkey – director of Seleno Health has over 8 years of clinic research experience, specializing in chronic inflammatory diseases. He himself has battled with and overcome chronic fatigue and promotes an integrated and holistic approach to management, combining evidence based research with natural health solutions and healthy living. He has a holistic, systematic 8 point approach to managing and beating chronic fatigue based on his own life experiences, traditional medicine and scientific research. Come and hear about his story from being bed-ridden for years on a sickness benefit to surfing 8 hours in a day, hiking the mountains of Peru, traveling the world and running his own natural health business.
3. Understanding glutathione and building natural immunity
This workshop/webinar is about understanding the role of the gut-liver-brain in enhancing natural immune function. Learn about how inflammation begins and cascades to reduce our normal healthy immune function, why people become immunocompromised, autoimmunity and ways we can naturally recover a balanced immune system capable of protecting us from colds, flu, bacteria and viruses.
- The inflammatory cascade – Understanding what inflammation is, how it affects our body and how the body tries to respond. Differentiating between primary (external), secondary (internal) and tertiary (signalling) inflammation.
- Glutathione peroxidase (GPx) and protective enzymes – The antioxidant enzyme systems involved in enhancing natural immunity and reducing chronic inflammation. Criteria for effectiveness of antioxidants.
- The gut-brain relationship – The role of the microbiome and gut in inflammation and how the gut and brain are related during times of stress.
- Selenium and it’s role in immunity – Why Selenium is so important, why we may de deficient, what are signs of deficiency, how to increase our intake and the role of Selenium in natural immune protection.
- Macrophages and natural immune function – How the immune system responds to inflammation and infections and how we eliminate viruses, bacteria and toxins. Myeloperoxidase and hypochlorite production.
- Reducing collateral damage during infection and inflammation – The importance of reducing collateral damage to reduce complications and speed up recovery times from illness.
- Immune dysfunction and auto-immunity – When the immune system becomes dysfunctional. Complications during infection and inflammation and collateral damage of host tissue.
- Super boosting the glutathione systems – How to super boost your enzyme systems and enhance natural protection towards stress, bacteria and viruses.
- Why antioxidants are so important -The role of antioxidants in protecting us during stress and infection. Food based antioxidants vs our own antioxidants.
- Creating a holistic and integrative health pyramid to build natural immunity – Brining it all together and creating your own personalised prevention and recovery map against inflammation, infection and illness. Must have’s and should have’s, what to include and what to avoid to ensure better health this Autumn and Winter.
4. Medicinal Maca Masterclass – Using Maca to Treat Different Health Conditions
Maca is a sacred medicinal root from the Andes of Peru that has been used to treat and manage stress for centuries. She (la maca) has a healing spirit that returns balance and builds resilience to stressors. But not all maca is equal and there are 15 different combinations of Maca possible to use for different conditions, including 5 preparations and 3 colours of the roots. In this workshop we will take you through the traditional methods of matching your maca to your symptoms using maca to treat and manage different health conditions. Sally will guide you through the ancient traditions of maca and connect you to her spirit and healing power. While Corin will explain the scientific background and studies to substantiate the traditional uses.
Come and learn about maca with Dr Corin Storkey and Sally Huapaya – a young New Zealand and Peruvian couple who are founders and directors of Seleno Health. They live and work part-time in Peru with their maca farmer and community and run annual retreats that bring people to Peru to experience life in a remote Andean community and connect with Incan spiritualism. Sally has a family lineage of Incan ancestors that learnt about the sacred use of medicinal maca, while their maca research program now studies the bioactive molecules in maca and recent findings have begun to unlock the secrets behind it’s mode of action. To hear more about the medicinal properties, how to prepare and use maca and the sacred traditions behind it book you spot today.
• The story of maca and sacred traditions – making the medicine
• Farm to Table maca – from the soil to your plate
• How maca works in the brain – Macamides and the endocannabinoid system
• The biochemistry of maca – relating the tradition with the scientific research
• Traditional maca use for different conditions
• The different colours of maca – yellow, red and black
• Identifying your symptoms and choosing the right maca
• Case studies and success stories
Testimonials from our webinars and workshops
Just attended a well thought out and inspiring presentation on maca. The sincerity and clarity at which the guy spoke on the spiritual, medicinal and scientific elements of maca was great, but the social change and genuine ethos they hold themselves to I support even more. Have been using maca for the past year and now I’ve found an ethical, charitable, high quality, farm to table, business to support. Thank you!
Excellent webinar today, informative, well presented, easy to understand, well worth every cent, and I'm so excited to try my new immune products. I work as a chef, specializing in dietary requirements, the tutorial was excellent and I can pass on info to my customers..thank you
A game changer for me
Went to the chronic fatigue talk last night, only genuine true advice, spoken by an honest and lovely guy, I'm so genuinely excited, this is going to be a game changer for me.
What an articulate and compassionate speaker
I just attended a seminar on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by Dr. Corin Storkey. This company really demonstrated their thorough research into their products, as well as highlighted Corin’s thorough research on the topic of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
I left feeling really informed, uplifted and inspired, -a tricky topic to address! What an articulate and compassionate speaker! I feel lots more informed in a positive way about CFS. Thanks! Recommend!
Connected with maca!!
I went to this talk in Wanaka about Maca and its healing power! It was so refreshing to hear about Macas sacred roots from an authentic and traditional aspect, rather than from a marketing 'superfood' foundation... these guys are up to some awesome things and seem to have nothing but the purest intention of educating community and giving back to the Peruvians
Amazing workshop on maca
I just attended a workshop held by these beautiful humans and my heart is filled with joy. To see people with such passion, knowledge, love and belief in what they offer is epic. They are so genuine and I totally believe in the product and in them. So amazing, so much love to you both!
A really sincere presentation
Went to a the chronic fatigue presentation last week. Was waiting for the hard sell - it never came. A really sincere presentation from a guy who just wants to help people out of his own experience.
Highly recommended workshop
What a great workshop and talk. I’m feeling inspired and empowered to make some lifestyle changes that I know will make a difference to my wellbeing and energy levels. Highly recommend.
Insightful workshop on chronic fatigue
Thank you so much for the really insightful seminar on chronic fatigue (and other chronic conditions), it was great to learn about the science and what is actually going wrong in our bodies! You are a very humble and relatable person and am stoked I travelled to go to this!! Very very worth it! 11/10, pretty excited to further my health journey. Thank you again!!!!
Loved learning about maca
A great presentation involving culture, body and mind, educating people about the origin and real spirit within the product and teaching the active components for nutritional health benefits. Loved learning and caring about who and how the journey of the medicine is cultivated from farm to plate. Thank you for your passionate service. It's important to buy ethical and sustainable and it makes it easier to do with faith when the power knowledge is shared globally!
Inspiring Maca workshop
I went to the Maca Workshop, what I can say is it was very insightful to learn about this ancient superfood. From the science to cultivation, farm to table & more. More so the ethical & honest practices of this organisation. The work these guys do to help the farmers, families in Peru. No middle man, brokers or corporation who take the big profits. The pure passion & integrity they have is so humbling. Keep it up guys, Can’t wait to start my Maca journey.
Highly recommend the maca workshop
Had a great experience with these guys at their last workshop with the Maca ceremony. I could feel that the products were really good quality, and what really impressed me was the process of how they actually make it, with so much good energy, and respect for the environment and communities in Peru. For those that are interested in medicinal plants, I highly recommend this workshop.
Tackling Chronic Fatigue and AUTOIMMINITY webinar
Fantastic webinar presentation today on Tackling Chronic Fatigue and Autoimmunity. So well presented by Corin Storkey with easy to understand slides, rather than just a talk. Great to get some up to date research on CFS. Came away with a clear cut plan for my son, who is already mostly on track. Can't recommend this webinar highly enough. Afterwards was given great advice when ordering products. Will be joining to other webinars. Thanks so much.
Corin and Sallys knowledge on this topic is extensive. Inspiring talking with them both. The correct usage of maca is imperative and with their help you can reap the benefits.
The best ethical maca and cacao in NZ
The Maca Experts (by Seleno Health) provide the best ethical maca and cacao in NZ. Their products are fantastic! We feel so lucky to know them and follow their workshops always which are very informative and well explained. We love the connection that they make with people and the beautiful experience to share a yummy and healthy drink with them. Yay guys!! X